Instagrammies

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Wedding Prep Chronicles II: T-3

So, this is it. We are now just 3 days away from the Big Day and I'm having mixed feelings. In the sense that I'm really looking forward to it, yet I don't want the day to come so soon cos I'm afraid the day will pass by too quickly. :x The going-to-be-a-Mrs feeling is rather surreal now. Nonetheless, I'm sure the day's gonna be a fab one. :)

KU and I spent the past weekend working on the backdrop for our church wedding. Thank God I had KU to help me cut out the letters from the styrofoam board and he even sewed them onto the tulle using fishing line.

On Monday, I met up with SST, Marie and Joyce to go through the programme for the wedding day and their duties over dinner. On a sidenote, I'm really loving the fish masala garam crepe from Out Of The Pan at Raffles City Shopping Centre! Loads of kick in the spices and the fish meat was quite fresh - no wonder it's a chef's recommendation. Plus, the DBS/POSB card promotion (1-for-1 main course and sweet crepes) got each of us our meal at only $9! Ahem.. Anyways, it was great meeting with them and feeling excited about the wedding. :) Thank God for the help of my bridesmaids!

Then yesterday, we had our wedding rehearsal in church. I'm extremely thankful to have the support of the musicians and worship leader who arrived early to practice Canon in D for our processional and the two worship songs. It's really important to me that we have close friends to help us on our wedding day as it's a really meaningful way to share the day together. (though said friends may or may not agree with me. HAHA!) I'm glad too to have my dearest sister on first key and bridesmaid Joyce on second key. :)

The march-in practice was rather nerve-wracking cos I had to keep reminding myself not to walk too quickly. Dad even had to mutter to me, "Left, right, left, right.." while staring down at our feet. Too hilarious! :P And just seeing KU waiting for me at the end of the aisle, while the band played beautifully, almost made me tear. I have a feeling I will cry on our wedding day! Then we worked out the standing/sitting/kneeling segments, and practiced our vows. During this whole time, Andrew, Ron, Joshua and Regina were hard at work putting up our backdrop for us. :) And we are really really REALLY thankful for everyone who came down to help us and be there for us yesterday.

I said before that the wedding has taught me some lessons and has showed me how blessed we are to have all these friends come together to support us for our special day. And this, we can't thank God enough for His grace and love for us. :) Thank you, dear friends, from the bottom of our hearts. We hope that we can one day bless you and others in the same way you have blessed us. :) *million hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment